The Ban 1080 Party policy is to develop a pathway to a solution that includes the following elements:
- To immediately stop DoC’s indiscriminate aerial 1080 poison programme.
- To develop a science-based, measurable programme that includes:
– Species specific protection plans,
– Targeted pest control, using people not poison,
– Community conservation involvement.
- To protect all waterways by ensuring no future aerial poison drops.
If elected to Parliament in the 2017 General Election, we will work with the Government-of-the-day to implement the above policy. If elected, our MPs also vow to represent their electorates with integrity, and work hard as backbench MPs to constructively contribute to all policy and debates.